Positions: Seeking two Conservation Program Internship positions for the Open Space Council
Dates: May-October, 2021 or as decided between the Open Space Council (OSC) and candidate
Compensation: This position is unpaid. OSC will work with your University to help you obtain credit for your internship, if desired.
Benefits: No fringe benefits. Interesting work, pleasant work environment.
Schedule: Flexible. Some evenings and weekends as scheduled. Minimum 20 hours/week – max 40 hours.
Reports To: Program Manager
Summary of Position: The intern shall receive training and assist with the marketing, coordination and implementation of the Open Space Council’s volunteer conservation programs – Community Stewardship Alliance, Operation Clean Stream and Trash Bash.
- Work with the staff to coordinate the Operation Clean Stream Meramec River cleanup in August
- Work with the staff to coordinate the River Des Peres Trash Bash cleanup in October
- Work with staff to coordinate Community Stewardship Alliance (CSA) restoration events throughout the summer and fall within St. Louis County Parks.
- Review, create and disseminate volunteer training materials for river cleanups and restoration activities.
- Lead volunteer recruitment, coordination, and management for river cleanups and restoration events.
- Attend Operation Clean Stream, Trash Bash and CSA planning meetings and activities
- Work with local vendors, agencies and organization partners to ensure successful cleanups
- Inventory, collect and organize supplies needed for Operation Clean Stream, Trash Bash and/or CSA events
- Assist with grant writing, marketing, communications and fundraising, as needed
- Perform assigned administrative tasks related to programs, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Strong interest in nonprofits, environmental conservation, public lands, volunteer coordination, or outdoor recreation. Candidate must have an interest in the outdoors. Computer proficiency and excellent communication and organizational skills are a requirement. Familiarity with the greater St. Louis Metropolitan area and the parks, recreation, conservation, and environmental community is encouraged but not required.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.
More Information: Contact Caitlin Zera, Program by email at email@example.com or call the Open Space Council office at 314-835-9225.